Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary Vogt
Dr. Mary Vogt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, SC. She has 29 years of experience. Her specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vogt is affiliated with Medical University Of South Carolina, UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital and Musc Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary Vogt has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mary Vogt has the following 8 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Critical Care
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Dr. Mary Vogt has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mary Vogt is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Vogt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical University Of South Carolina
UK HealthCare Good Samaritan Hospital
Musc Medical Center
Central Baptist Hospital
Medical University of South CA
Saint Joseph Hospital
East Cooper Medical Center
Medical University Hospital Authority
29 Years Experience
University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Medical University Of South Carolina
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMedical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas St, Charleston, SC
Dr. Mary Vogt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, SC.