Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary J Wolfe
Dr. Mary J Wolfe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ossining, NY. She has 42 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Wolfe is affiliated with Phelps Memorial Hospital Center-Northwell Hospital. Dr. Wolfe has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary J Wolfe has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 21
I really like her as my doctor and have had good experiences with her. But she mis-diagnosed me? I had dizziness and she told me I must have been sick or had a cold but I told her I had neither. She gave me nose spray. The dizziness continued so I went to my ear doctor who THOROUGHLY checked me out and I had a nose infection and needed antibiotics. The office in Buchanan is not good because the staff there is overwhelmed and can't handle the high volume of patients. I find the Ossining office better because more staff on hand.
I stopped seeing Dr. Wolfe because her office was unprofessional, rude and indifferent. I write this now because 4 years ago my daughter had to be re- immunized because the office had lost her records. She needed the records again and was told that the re-immunization records were also missing! There is no excuse for this. Also, their sterilization procedures are dangerous. Dr. Wolfe is a wonderful caring doctor but she needs to have a better office.
I was told that I needed a PET Scan, I mean its only my life right! The office staff took 3 days to get back to me after she wrote the Radiology RX and that was even after I left 3 messages for them. When they finally did get back to me, they referred me to a hospital that didn't perform PET Scans. It took another 2 hours to figure out what hospital did them and how to get the RX to them. Dr. Wolfe is attentive and thorough but if you have no patience for scatter brained disorganized staff to support her, STEER CLEAR!!!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2015, 2008, 2010, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2011, 2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Wolfe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
New York Medical College
Dr. Mary J Wolfe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColumbia Doctors, 14 Church St, Ossining, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mary J Wolfe in this video.
Dr. Mary J Wolfe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ossining, NY.