Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Marya J Porter has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
Showing 5 of 19
A little over a year ago, I gave birth to a baby girl at 24 weeks gestation at North Oaks Labor and Delivery and I assumed Dr.Porter was assigned my chart. I couldn't have asked for a more patient and kind doctor to assist me in the difficult time I was going through, after I lost the baby, She was there for me, holding my hand through the Grief. At my 6 month appointment, I was still very emotional and cried almost through the entire visit, she refused to let me feel rushed and really shared that sensitive moment with me. As of right now, I am 8 weeks pregnant, and my first instinct was to set my appointment with Dr. Porter. Amazing woman.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
20 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Marya J Porter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMagnolia Obstetrics And Gynecology, 15813 Paul Vega MD Dr Ste 200, Hammond, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Marya J Porter in this video.
Dr. Marya J Porter is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Hammond, LA.