Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maryam Arjomand
Dr. Maryam Arjomand, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Mateo, CA, with another office in San Mateo, CA. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Arjomand is affiliated with Mills-Peninsula Medical Center and California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Maryam Arjomand has 2 locations
136 N San Mateo Dr Ste 101
San Mateo, CA 94401
Book Online Now
Dr. Maryam Arjomand has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Maryam Arjomand has the following 12 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
Dr. Maryam Arjomand is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Very rude and dismissive
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maryam Arjomand - Posted on November 29th, 2014
One of the most dismissive doctors I've ever spoken to - and I am a doctor who works at a large hospital myself. She was extremely rude, did not ask important questions, and did more shaming and blaming than asking about medical concerns. It was quite shocking. Avoid at all costs.
Find another doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maryam Arjomand - Posted on January 18th, 2013
Name of this doctor is associated for me with the most difficult time in my life. She was my obgyn during my first pregnancy at CPMC, and my son was born extremely premature - 26 weeks. The doctor was always in a hurry, she never had time to answer my questions. I started bleeding very early in my pregnancy and was bleeding to the very end, and she could not find the opportunity to figure out what the problem was. No extra tests or anything at all except for general ultrasound! I do not smoke, do not drink, I was 28 when I got pregnant. When my son was born unexpectedly early, she found time to visit us only at the end of next day later in the evening. The only thing she had to say to me was, "Well, next time we'll just "sew" you right at the beginning". And quickly walked away, as usual. No questions asked about condition of the baby, no follow-ups, no calls, no visits - she wasn't even interested in figuring out the reason of my so-early delivery, or to find couple of comforting words. I blame myself first of all, that I did not insist on a closer approach or even did not change the doctor during my pregnancy, but I would not wish anyone to ever experience anything like that. So try to find another doctor before it is too late - one who has more time and consideration. And who really CARES.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maryam Arjomand - Posted on October 20th, 2010
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maryam Arjomand - Posted on April 7th, 2010
not interested in problematic pregnancies
Self-verified patient of Dr. Maryam Arjomand - Posted on November 10th, 2009
she was fine with my normal pregnancy, but after 2 following miscarriages and knowledge of my miscarriage at 24, she wouldn't let me make an appt for further analysis, saying that I would succeed don't worry (I am over 40) - I proactively found another OB who determined I have health issues and genetic mutations that make it impossible for me to have another child without medication - I am about to deliver a healthy second child, and fear for the women in her practice with problems that don't seek another OB's advice. They may remain childless. So sad.
Dr. Arjomand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Maryam Arjomand Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Maryam Arjomand
Dr. Arjomand has special interests in treating hormonal problems and infertility. Dr. Arjomand is a mother of two and lives in the community. She likes travel, hiking and reading.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Maryam Arjomand is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Mateo, CA.