Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Maryam M Nowroozi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Maryam M Nowroozi has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Maryam M Nowroozi has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
I am the caregiver for my mother and we have been under Dr. Nowroozis care for the past three years. It is very frustrating dealing with the staff and the inadequacy of the lab techs, especially in dealing with response from phone calls. This doctor's office deals with elderly people which was my main focus due to . things happen to them very quickly like infants therefore since this is their specialty I feel responses should be prompt caring and on point. Nevertheless responses are not prompt to accommodate a patient's and families needs. Nowroozi, when you see her, is very patient and seems concerned for her patients. But is she because she never seems to make a visit next door to see her patients during their stay in the hospital. As a patient of hers we have to deal with other doctors in the office that are on call for her. Often times the other doctors on staff, a few are very negligent to respond while on call. This has happen twice. One resulted in a 911 call and the other I had to call one of my mother's specialists to get a response concerning my mothers care. This is unacceptable.
I have been going to these doctors for approximately three years. It is very frustrating dealing with the staff and in inadequacy of the lab tech, response from phone calls. This doctor's office deals with elderly people. Things happen to them very quickly like infants. responses are not prompt to accommodate a patient's and families needs.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Nowroozi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1999
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Maryam M Nowroozi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGranby Internal Medicine Pc, 110 Kingsley Ln Ste 309, Norfolk, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maryam M Nowroozi, MD - Internal Medicine in Norfolk, VA, in this video.
Dr. Maryam M Nowroozi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.