Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maryam Rahbar
Dr. Maryam Rahbar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Huntington Beach, CA. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Rahbar is affiliated with Mission Hospital Laguna Beach. Dr. Rahbar has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Maryam Rahbar has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Maryam Rahbar has the following 3 expertise
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Maryam Rahbar has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Maryam Rahbar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
Ive had spine problem for 30 years, had 2 surgeries. Dr. Rahbar spend more than an hour with me on my first visit. She explained things to me no other doctor had in the past. After the first few shots, I got 80% pain relieve for 8-10 months. I have been under Dr. Rahbars treatment for 2 years, her caring for her patient is apparent. Im scheduled for pre-op visit with a shoulder doctor next Monday. In order to relieve my back pain in my recovery from shoulder surgery, Dr. Rahbar went through the trouble to push her two other patient to a later hour to accommodate my pre-op appointment.Her office staff demonstrated high level of efficiency and caring to the patient. In a office visit, Dr. ordered shot for me that require pre-cert from insurance. Before I was able to arrive home, her staff already obtained the approval from insurance.The wait time in her office is long. But I do not mind the wait for the doctor that obviously care about her other patient as much as she cares about me. The end result of the treatment is more important than the time I spent waiting.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rahbar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1985
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Maryam Rahbar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsAdvanced Imaging, 17822 Beach Blvd Ste 101, Huntington Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maryam Rahbar in this video.
Dr. Maryam Rahbar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntington Beach, CA.