Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maryam Zarei has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy & Immunology
- Watery Eyes
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Food Allergies
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Showing 5 of 19
The staff was the best part of the experience. They were pleasant overall. The doctor herself was extremely rude when we showed our concern over my severe hives all over my body and face and allergies that I've been dealing with for months. She pushed our worries aside and told us in a harsh tone to "just calm down". She asked if I had gotten the hpv vaccine and when I stated that I had not gotten the last vaccine she stated "so you're going to get cervical cancer". She ordered blood tests but never gave us our results back.
Dr. Zarei has taken care of me for 6 or 7 years. She is the most caring, considerate and thorough doctor you could ask for. She examines your health from every angle; she sees the bigger picture and does not get stuck on only one aspect of your health. She goes the extra mile every time to get to the root of the problem, remembers all your information, follows up, gets you the correct information regarding medications & in general is the best M.D. I've ever had. And - her staff is wonderful, I can't say enough good things about this Dr. and her Staff! I am so grateful to them for the wonderful care they give me.
Initially Dr. Zarei seemed competent, but as time went on, it became clear that she had little to no experience with my particular condition. I wish she would have been honest about that from the beginning. Once my condition became more complicated, her inexperience became very clear. She did nothing to advance her understanding of what was happening to me but just kept throwing one medicine after another at it---which did nothing. She did not like to be questioned about her decisions, nor did she listen or empathize enough about what I was dealing with on a daily basis.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014, 2015, 2010, 2008, 2009, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
22 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1996
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Maryam Zarei accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsFamily Allergy Asthma Immunology & Sinus Center, 15725 Pomerado Rd Ste 103, Poway, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maryam Zarei in this video.
Dr. Maryam Zarei is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Poway, CA.