The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary Michelis
Dr. Mary Michelis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hackensack, NJ. She has 42 years of experience. Her specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Michelis is affiliated with HackensackUMC, Valley Hospital and Vassar Brothers Medical Center. Dr. Michelis has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary Michelis has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mary Michelis has the following 15 expertise
- Drug Allergy
- Food Allergies
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
Dr. Mary Michelis has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mary Michelis is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
She is not a nice person, terrible bedside manner, rude, inconsiderate and condescending! If you question anything she says or want to understand - she will rip your head off. If she doesn't like your response, she rolls her eyes and makes faces, rude rude rude!!! Only giving 2 stars because the staff is probably the kindest, most caring group of people I've met, its a shame they all work for this arrogant woman.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Michelis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Hackensackuniversity Medical Center
42 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1975
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Mary Michelis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsHACKENSACK UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER, 30 Prospect Ave, Hackensack, NJ
Dr. Mary Michelis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hackensack, NJ.