Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Mary B Brune
Dr. Mary B Brune, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Brune is affiliated with Mercy Hospital Clermont, University Of Cincinnati Medical Center and Good Samaritan Hospital. Dr. Brune has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Mary B Brune has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 6
This physician does not understand that individuals who have an appointment with her are first,customers and secondly, patients. Over the course of several appointments, she became more arrogant and dismissive in her comments. During my final appointment, she acted in a very disrespectful manner. I definitely would not recommend her.
Dr. Brune is a great no-nonsense physician who takes the time to actually listen to a patient. She is thorough and knowledgable while being personable.She shared some truths we me I did not really care to hear, but needed to hear. She didn't gloss over the fact I am considered obese, but addressed the subject and gave me encouragement and some tips. As a result of her being forthright, I have made some lifestyle changes that will make me more healthy. She doesn't treat the symptoms, she treats the person.I highly reccommend Dr. Brune.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Brune is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Mary B Brune accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGroup Health Associates Anderson, 7810 5 Mile Rd, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Mary B Brune is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.