Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maryellen B Flaherty-Hewitt has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Falgherty hewitt is one of the best pediatricians. She is caring and respects her patients. She remembers her patients by name!Once I saw her outside the office and she came right up to me and asked me how tony was doing! It shocked me she remembered my sons name and she remembered me! Most Drs are so overwhelmed they can't remember their own names! It speaks volumes about her as a person and how she cares about our children. Ohh and you never feel rushed!!
Dr. Flaherty-Hewitt is not only a fantastic pediatrician but a caring human being. She is so wonderful with my children and patient with their worried mother. The staff is so kind my daughters cry if particular staff members are not there because they were so looking forward to seeing them. The practice has a relatively small and personal feeling and my children are not bombarded by new people all the time, and I ALWAYS get a pediatrician for all visits, not just well visits. There is no one I would recommend more.
Dr. Flaherty-Hewitt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Maryellen B Flaherty-Hewitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsChapel Pediatrics Group, 2080 Whitney Ave Ste 250, Hamden, CT
Dr. Maryellen B Flaherty-Hewitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hamden, CT.