Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Maryellen E Romano has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Breast Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
Showing 5 of 30
Dr Romano ruined my mom's life and my family's. My mom has been a patient of hers for awhile. She went for a visit because she was having issues. She did a internal sonogram had a papsmear done. She told her everything was fine. She returned 6 months later she did another internal sonogram my mom asked her if she has cancer she told her no. Well my mom went for a colonoscopy and she was told she had cancer in her colon. So we were given a doctor in Sloane Kettering. After multiple test we found out that she had ovarian cancer, cancer in uterus, that spread to her colon, liver, lymph nodes,apendex. The doctors at Sloane Kettering all had a meeting and after reviewing all her test said that this started in her ovaries and uterus. Dr Romano should have picked this up instead of telling her that she is fine. My mom has been through helll she just had a 8 hour surgery to take out all the cancer and has to go through so many chemo treatments. Dr Romano has turned my family's life upside down. I think she is a disgrace of a doctor!!!!
Dr. Romano is excellent. She's extremely smart, knows her medicine, is kind, compassionate, and still maintains the old-fashioned (sorely lacking in most practices today) doctor/patient relationship; she will call you personally to relay test results. I have been her patient for about 20 years and have referred many friends to her. She is deserving of the highest accolades. An excellent provider and a truly caring individual.
Have been a patient of Dr. Romano on the advice of some of my friends. Her office is clean and staff ver professional. Treated with the utmost respect by all. Dr. Romano was kind and spent time listening to my list of ailments. Never did I feel rushed. She took her time to answer all my questions. Through gentle exam. Was prompt to call with test results. Would recommend highly.
I have been going to Dr. Romano and her assistant physician for a few years now, and I am so happy with their services. They are gentle, take their time, are thorough, and very down-to-earth. They make the experience not as painful as it could be. I feel very comfortable with the doctors and the office, and team are all quality, and excellent at what they do. I highly recommend this office to anyone looking for a professional, relaxing experience. God has blessed us with them.
Dr. Romano is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1979
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Maryellen E Romano accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsStaten Island Family Physicians, 1110 South Ave Ste 306, Staten Island, NY
Dr. Maryellen E Romano is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.