Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Masood M Akhtar MD
Dr. Masood M Akhtar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Milwaukee, WI. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Masood M Akhtar has the following 1 specialty
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Masood M Akhtar has the following 6 expertise
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Showing 1 of 1
Good and reassuring Doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Masood M Akhtar - Posted on May 4th, 2010
49 Years Experience
King Edward Medical University
Graduated in 1969
Dr. Masood M Akhtar Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. Masood M Akhtar
Masood Akhtar, MD, FACC, MACP, is chief of the cardiovascular disease section and director of arrhythmia services. Dr. Akhtar also is director of the Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Cardiology fellowship programs at Aurora Sinai Medical Center, representing the largest cardiovascular training program in the state. He also serves as executive medical director of the Cardiovascular System Clinical Program. Dr. Akhtar is considered one of the world's preeminent electrophysiologists. In 1977, he came to what is now Aurora Sinai to develop the electrophysiology program. The program today has more full-time electrophysiologists than any other program in the U.S., and enjoys a national reputation for innovation, quality and service. Dr. Akhtar also developed the electrophysiology laboratory at Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Akhtar has trained more than 50 fellows as electrophysiologists, who now are in practices and teaching institutions across the U.S., as well as in South America, the Far and Middle East, and Europe. (06/10)
Locations & DirectionsHEART CARE ASSOCIATES, 960 N 12th St Ste 400, Milwaukee, WI
Dr. Masood M Akhtar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.