More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Masood Boroumand
Dr. Masood Boroumand, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Windber, PA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Boroumand is affiliated with Windber Medical Center, Upmc Lee Regional and Memorial Medical Center Downtown. Dr. Boroumand has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Masood Boroumand has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Masood Boroumand is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Boroumand has been my children's pediatrician for 16 + years. He is kind. He loves children. In addition to being a wonderful doctor, he keeps up with medical changes and technology. H is willing to listen and does not make the patient/parents feel inferior. I hope that he never retires!!! One of the best pediatricians.
Dr. Boroumand had treated my children and now my grandchildren. He comes highly qualified and more than willing to sit and listen to your childs problem(s) and taking careful time to listen and diagnosis and prescribe (if necessary medications). He also is very wonderful with the children. It may be a wait sometimes, but the wait is really worth it. He is one of the best pediatric doctors that Windber Hospital has ever gotten and has kept. Thank you Dr. Boroumand for all the good years of being there for my children and now my grandchildren
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Boroumand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Windber Medical Center
Upmc Lee Regional
Memorial Medical Center Downtown
Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital
Memorial Medical Center
Meyersdale Community Hospital
45 Years Experience
Tehran School Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Masood Boroumand accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWindber Medical Center, 600 Somerset Ave, Windber, PA
Dr. Masood Boroumand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Windber, PA.