The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Massoud Majd has the following 3 specialties
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
- Pediatric Radiology
Pediatric radiologists specialize in using x-rays, MRIs, CT scans and ultrasounds to help provide the most accurate diagnosis to your child as possible. After they receive the image results, they work with your family physician or other specialist to give him or her a closer look at broken bones from an accident or recognize tumors, bleeding and infections that might be causing certain symptoms.
They focus on children as young as newborns and as old as teenagers and they have to be well-versed in the growth and development of children's bodies. This allows them to properly identify abnormalities at various ages and to work with your doctor on recommending the best treatment options.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Massoud Majd has the following 2 expertise
- Bone Diseases
Dr. Massoud Majd has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Massoud Majd is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
- Tehran University Of Medical Sciences
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Massoud Majd accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChildrens National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Ave NW, Washington, DC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Massoud Majd in this video.
Dr. Massoud Majd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.