Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mathew R Sapp has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Bacterial Eye Infections
- Vision Disorders
- Vision Issues
- Retinal Neovascularization
- Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy
- Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Retina Surgery
- Vitreous Hemorrhage
- Inherited Retinal Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Ocular Toxoplasmosis
- Eye Pain
- Macular Edema
- Choroidal Neovascularization
- Ocular Hypertension
- Lasik Surgery
- Eye Injuries
- Eye Exam
- Vitreous Detachment (Retina Detachment)
- Acute Retinal Necrosis Syndrome
- Retinal Detachment surgery (Scleral Buckling)
- Cytomegalovirus Retinitis
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Retinal Disorders
- Macular Degeneration
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Sapp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Mathew R Sapp accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRetina Specialists of Alabama, 1201 11th Ave S Ste 300, Birmingham, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mathew R Sapp in this video.
Dr. Mathew R Sapp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.