Dr. Mathew Zaltzman Is this you?

6 Ratings • 1 Comment

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Mathew Zaltzman?

Avoid Medical Specialist of the Palm Beaches if you can.

Posted on January 23rd, 2014

This doctor works for MSPB. This group signs up a bunch of doctors, probably over one hundred in the area in different specialties spread all over Palm Beach County and probably further south as well. I had problems with his office in Pulmonology and also a year ago with another specialty office of MSPB. They were separate offices but both in Lake Worth, FL next to the hospital. The staff was really rude and unprofessional in both offices. If you are late to an appointment, even 10 minutes, they will not take you. I have never heard of another doctor's office do that for just 10 minutes(maybe 20 or 30 minutes). I once got caught in the pouring rain (wasn't raining when I left) and a trip normally 25 minutes, took me 35 minutes and they refused to take me and were very rude about it even when I explained way. But what is odd is that it isn't just the receptionist that is rude, but all the office staff is rude (except the medical professionals, nurses, doctors). To travel 35 minutes in the pouring rain and soaking wet and meeting an office of rude people didn't go over very well with me. So after a wasted trip, I had to travel 35 minutes back in the rain. The office manager would never return my calls. Another time I asked for directions because their address was not on the map and the appointment taker was very rude and kept interrupting me as if it was a crime to take more than 30 seconds of his time and talking down to me like I was stupid (I have multiple degrees). So when I asked to speak to his manager, he decided to be even more rude as if he was letting me know that my complaint will be disregarded. The office manager, a completely different one from the last, also would not return my calls. They seem to have a no care attitude with patients. Actually so far in 10 years of going to doctors in South Florida, the only offices I have had problems with were with this group. I went to a third doctor and their staff seemed really up tight sort of like they really hated their job. I found out they were part of the same group (not surprised). My experiences with three of there offices might not represent all of the offices but considering how many of the stuff were rude, it appears to be a culture with that group. My guess is that they don't intend to hire rude people but that they are just a cheap low pay outfit that has poor staff because they get what they pay for. If you find other doctors not part of this group, I would suggest using them first because my experiences with other doctors in the area has been quite good. Even though their office staff that report to their main office are not the medical professionals treating you, I don't want to be around people who will just ruin my day, put me in a bad mood, or make my life more difficult.

Posted on October 24th, 2017