Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matin Sharafatkhah has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Matin Sharafatkhah has the following 12 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. Matin Sharafatkhah has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
Horrible office!! I called to get result for my moms test, even though I was on Hippa and I was a physician they were very rude to give me results, they created big deal out of it, it was their policy to tell patients report and after that to discuss with me, after arguing on the phone I got to talk to Doctor which one was very rude, no empathy no respect, just rudely told me result and hanged phone up!!! Would not wish anyone to be treated like this,
Watch out !! The doctor has no concept of confidentiality. He passes all of the details of your medical information onto your insurance carries without regard. This information has no relation to billing or cost recovering. Even the insurance help desk wonders why he passes private medical information that may detriment your standing and catapult you into a different risk level. Even if the info is just his private thoughts. Even if you specifically say in the confidentiality agreement that you do not want this sort of info passed to anyone except your physician, he still passes the info freely and without regard.
Terrible staff! No communication skills and manners at all. Dr told me to call back for results , and when I did they hanged up on me and screamed . She did not even take my massage and phone number to call me back. Worst experience I 've ever had.
30 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Matin Sharafatkhah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & Directions
Dr. Matin Sharafatkhah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.