Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Matthew G Aagesen
Dr. Matthew G Aagesen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Toledo, OH, with another office in Toledo, OH. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology and Radiology. Dr. Aagesen is affiliated with Flower Hospital and Bay Park Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Matthew G Aagesen has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Matthew G Aagesen has the following 5 expertise
- PET Scan
- CT Scan
Dr. Matthew G Aagesen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
There are no reviews for Dr. Matthew G Aagesen yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Aagesen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Matthew G Aagesen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.