Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew M Acton has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 18
DR.Action , Is a very good doctor& ive been loyal for over 2 years my last vist Dr.Action told me he did need to reffere me to another doc that i can understand ,if I couldnt get into another we would play it by ear ? so I called to make the last vist AND STAFF didnt allow me to do so . im very hurt that you think your doc cares & leaves you high & dry . THANKS .
Dr Acton shocked me from the first time I ever stepped foot into office, he didnt just rush me in and out he actually examined me, talked about my symotoms, explained why I had them and if he wasn't sure about something he wouldn't just throw out an umbrella diagnosis he would look into it and let me know his findings the next time I seen him. I am going to miss him if you are lucky enough to run across this DR, don't judge him by his age because he still has the passion for medicine and the motivation for healing
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
13 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Locations & DirectionsEsse Health LOC #001-01, 1027 Bellevue Ave Ste 107, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew M Acton in this video.
Dr. Matthew M Acton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.