Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew D Agresta
Dr. Matthew D Agresta, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Jordan, UT. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine, Hospitalist and Obstetrics. Dr. Agresta is affiliated with Jordan Valley Medical Center West Valley Campus. Dr. Agresta has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Matthew D Agresta has the following 3 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Chest Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
even though the waiting time was long and the staff at that clinic were slow i think dr. agresta is the best dr my kids have had he takes his time and cares of my kids. Hes a great dr and my kids love him so i totolly 100% recomend dr.Agresta
Dr. Agresta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Matthew D Agresta accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJordan Valley Medical Center, 3580 W 9000 S, West Jordan, UT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew D Agresta in this video.
Dr. Matthew D Agresta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Jordan, UT.