Dr. Matthew F Appenzeller Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Matthew F Appenzeller?

Appenzeller Review

I was a loyal patient of Dr Appenzeller while he was in Burlington NC. He did a vitrectomy on my left eye after some bleeding. He did a fantastic job. I continued to see him for years, every 3 months to avoid any re occurrences. After three years in May of last year (2015) I noticed blood in the other eye. I made more than one appointment w/him to find out what is going on. Every time I would go and ask he would say, this is a floater, no big deal. This was the same month he left for Nebraska. I did go to Duke Eye center shortly after he left where they did see the bleed, and the blood which I am still recovering from. In one Dr's words at Duke, "I don't see how he missed this." His replacement at Alamance Eye is not worth the time of day to make an appointment. IMO - Appenzeller was good while he was there, but once the time came for him to leave, I feel like he didn't want to start a treatment and leave town...so now I am getting treatment for something that never should have happened to me in the first place.

Poor "bedside" manner -- just cares about moving on to the next money making patient!