Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew L Areford
Dr. Matthew L Areford, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Easley, SC. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Matthew L Areford has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Matthew L Areford has the following 1 expertise
Showing 4 of 4
Was not satisfied at all
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew L Areford - Posted on May 28th, 2018
I went to see Dr. Areford because I had diarrhea all the time. He removed my gallbladder then did a colonoscopy. After the procedure, he said I had microscopic colitis. Well nothing is different than before I went to him except the diarrhea is worse. It does not matter what I eat or when I eat, it's always the same. I didn't feel like he helped me at all. I was very disappointed because I had high hopes for help when I went to him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew L Areford - Posted on June 8th, 2016
No More Routine Procedures
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew L Areford - Posted on February 28th, 2016
I will never have another colonoscopy. I had my colon punctured,ended up in surgery. I woke to a bag on my side and a large incesion,which later burst and infection poured out. Five months later I'm finally healed. My husband has packed the hole in my stomach for months. I can never get past this nightmare. Be careful to ask lots of questions,and be prepared for anything!!!
Definitely an excellent MD
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew L Areford - Posted on February 24th, 2011
25 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Matthew L Areford Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew L Areford, MD - Surgery in Easley, SC, in this video.
Dr. Matthew L Areford is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Easley, SC.