Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew W Arnold
Dr. Matthew W Arnold, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Berkeley, CA. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Arnold is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. Dr. Arnold has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Matthew W Arnold has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Matthew W Arnold has the following 19 expertise
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Movement Disorders
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Essential Tremor
- Parkinson Disease
- Sleep Disorders
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Electromyography (EMG)
Dr. Matthew W Arnold has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Matthew W Arnold is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I have been a patient of Dr. Arnold for several years. For most part he had been a decent doctor in the past, however, my last visit with him was extremely disappointing. I had gone to see him to discuss a few concerning symptoms that I have been having for several months, but rather than doing a thorough exam (or any for that matter), or prescribe some tests to rule out suspicious causes, he just took some notes and gave me a prescription for a drug that didn't seem to be very pertinent to my symptoms. I took his prescribed drug for 10 days using his instructions. After 10 days, I was violently sick and had very serious symptoms (bloating, severe abdominal pain, excessive gas, constipation, and rectum bleeding). I was extremely concerned and had to go and see a primary care doctor as well as two different GIs. All these doctors recommended that I had to notify the prescribing doctor (Dr. Arnold) at once, which I did TWICE and left him a message via his staff to call me as soon as he can. This was more than a month ago, and I am still waiting!! Someone from the medical group's patient relations finally called me a week ago, and she promised to look into the matter and have him call me at once. I am still waiting. THIS IS EXTREMELY IRRESPONSIBLE AND UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR BY DR. ARNOLD, AND I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO SEE HIM, AND I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU LOOK AROUND FOR A DIFFERENT DOCTOR, IF YOU NEED TO SEE A NEUROLOGIST!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Arnold is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Matthew W Arnold accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSutter East Bay Medical Foundation, 2850 Telegraph Ave Ste 110, Berkeley, CA
Dr. Matthew W Arnold is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Berkeley, CA.