I just can't read you.....

I saw Dr. Ashmun for Crohn's Disease which I have had for 27 years. We discussed the symptoms that I was having and it should have been a red flag that I had lost 40 pounds in less than 6 months, effortlessly. I was having leg cramps, eye twitching and abdominal cramping. He replied, I just can't read you. I was speechless and did not know what to think because I had never been told that from a doctor. He suggested blood work and sample of bowel movement so I did the bloodwork and I do not remember hearing back with the results which I already knew that I had to keep shopping for a new gastroenterologist. I was only shopping doctors because my last gastroenterologist was no longer practicing. I found a new gastroenterologist and they recognized there was a problem on my first visit after I described the same symptoms and immediately sent me for a colonoscopy. I ended up having a bowel resection surgery because of stricture (narrowing) and part of the bowel had collapsed, they described it as a flattened water hose. I am glad that I did not wait any longer to take action or I could have faced emergency surgery or died from malabsorption. Above is the serious issue but here is a side note, I told Dr. Ashmun that I only smoked 1/2 pack cigarettes a day but had completely eliminated carbonated beverages, he did not see the harm in drinking sodas or smoking a few cigarettes a day. I have never heard that from another doctor. In fact, my surgeon told me to stop smoking immediately and I did. It has been over a year now. I felt compelled to share this experience because it was a very frustrating process.

Great Dr

Totally put me at ease and had wonderful bedside manner. Seemed very knowledgeable about various GI disorders. Would definitely recommend.

Birth Control

Dr. Matthew D Ashmun is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lexington, KY.