Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew P Askin has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Matthew P Askin has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Matthew P Askin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 21
I had a friend ask Dr Askin if he knew anthing about leaky gut as I felt after reading many articles that I had all the symptoms. It can lead to Hashimotos of the thyroid and I indeed got that and even cancer of the thyroid. Once I got to his office he spent the entire time typing my paperwork into his computer. He ignored my questions on leaky gut and even said there was no way to test bacteria in my gut, which i now know to be completely untrue. What he did do is pick up on polyp history in my family and try to get me to do a colonoscopy at his surgery center. I refuse to give him any business and have since gone to a hematologist who found autoimmune disorder due to bacteria in my gut. Apparently there is a test. He is sending me to a gastroenterologist. I only hope they now take this seriously unlike Dr. Askin. what a waste of my time and $50 copay. He lied to my friend that he addressed leaky gut just to get another patient in the door to sell them on a colonoscopy,
Dr. Askin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1996
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Matthew P Askin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAffiliates In Gastroenterology, 101 Old Short Hills Rd Ste 217, West Orange, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew P Askin in this video.
Dr. Matthew P Askin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Orange, NJ.