- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew R Astroff MD
Dr. Matthew R Astroff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Malvern, PA, with another office in Havertown, PA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Matthew R Astroff has 2 locations
325 Central Ave Ste 200
Malvern, PA 19355
Dr. Matthew R Astroff has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Matthew R Astroff has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Matthew R Astroff is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Astroff is the best
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew R Astroff - Posted on October 3rd, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew R Astroff - Posted on July 13th, 2014
Doctor Astroff is the best GI doctor I have ever seen and I have seen a few. He is very professional and takes time to listen to you. He prescribes medications and also explains to you what they are for and how they might affect you he also has a PA in the Exton office that I really took a liking to. He is kind of hard to get an appointment with but always calls you back the same day if you need anything. I was also seen inpatient by one of his partners and also felt he was very professional too. I was helped greatly by all of their staff.
39 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Moffitt Hospital University Of Ca
Dr. Matthew R Astroff Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Matthew R Astroff
Dr. Astroff attended the State University of New York at Buffalo from 1972-1976. He graduated from Emory University School of Medicine summa cum laude as the number one ranked student in his medical school class in 1980. Dr. Astroff then went on to a Residency in Internal Medicine and a Fellowship in Gastroenterology at the University of California, San Francisco. He is a Diplomat of the American Board of Internal Medicine and a Board-Certified Gastroenterologist. He was elected to Phi Beta Kappa in 1976, and to Alpha Omega Alpha as a third-year medical student. He has worked as an emergency room physician. Dr. Astroff joined the staff of Paoli Memorial Hospital in July, 1986. He has served on many boards at Paoli Hospital and Main Line Health. Dr. Astroff is the Medical Director of Main Line Endoscopy Centers.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew R Astroff, MD - Gastroenterology in Malvern, PA, in this video.
Dr. Matthew R Astroff is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Malvern, PA.