Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew W Banks has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Matthew W Banks has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Matthew W Banks has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Matthew W Banks is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
My experience with Dr. Banks is that he is a wonderful, caring and approachable Dr. He handled my fears and calmed me down before the surgery. He had some difficulties (my fault) getting me to sleep but he was at the foot of my bed when I woke up and stayed with me until he felt I was okay. My last surgery two years ago ended with an extended hospital stay due to respitory failure and inability to get me awake right after surgery. To say the least I was a little apprehensive about surgery again but Dr. Banks was just the man I needed. I highly highly recommend this man. He is superior.
Dr. Banks is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1993
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Matthew W Banks accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsDallas Anesthesiology Associates Pa, 4144 N Central Expy Ste 360, Dallas, TX
Dr. Matthew W Banks is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.