Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew Q Barfield
Dr. Matthew Q Barfield, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Pascagoula, MS, with another office in Daphne, AL. He has 13 years of experience. His specialties include Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Pain Medicine. Dr. Barfield is affiliated with South Baldwin Regional Medical Center. Dr. Barfield has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Matthew Q Barfield has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine
- Herniated Disc
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Back Pain
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Neck Injuries
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Chronic Pain
- Spine Inflammation (Spondylarthropathies)
- Brachial Plexus Neuropathies
- Diabetic Neuropathies
- Lower Back Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Knee Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 51
My back has been hurting me for years. It got to the point I could stand up straight to cook a meal or even walk for any period of time. My husband kept telling me “go to the doctor”. I finally gave in and saw Dr Barfield at Conprehensive Pain and Rehabilitation. After getting X-rays, he explained that I had really bad spinal arthritis. After confirming this diagnosis, Dr. Barfield performed RFA (burning the nerves) to those painful joints. I have to say, I was not hopeful anything could be done for my back pain. However, I was able to shop for and cook Thanksgiving feast last week and don’t think I could be happier. Thank you Dr. Barfield!
I was referred to Dr. Barfield for a facet block. I was called for an appointment on the same day as my family doctor made the referral. Dr Barfield saw me for the injection 3 days later. Surprisingly, the injection didn't really hurt. Dr Barfield was very thorough in explaining the procedure to me and answered all of my and my wife's questions. I will certainly return to Dr Barfield if I need another spine injection.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Barfield is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
13 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Matthew Q Barfield accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Matthew Q Barfield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pascagoula, MS.