Have you seen Dr. Matthew D Barrows?

Allen resident

Always courteous and thorough, Dr. Barrows tends to run a little behind because his patients want to talk with him. He does the Mohs surgery, which is less painful and it instantly removes skin cancers. His patients are predominately males over 50 years of age.

I found Dr Barrows to be a very personable and competent physician. When I found he had opened another office in Rockwall I went there as that was closer to home. I saw his PA, Amy Jones. What a wonderful experience! She and her staff not only made me feel very comfortable, but I found her to be extremely knowledgeable. She was thorough, compassionate and had a genuine interest in me as her patient. She took great care to make sure I understood my treatment. I also had some Botox administered by her (which I have wanted to try for quite some time) and am so pleased with it! She has excellent skills and I highly recommend her. Dr Barrows is very fortunate to have Amy at this practice. I am a recurring patient and will see no one else.

I went to Dr. Barrows because I had three warts that I tried to remove with at-home wart remover, nothing worked. Instead of trying less invasive methods Dr. Barrows decided the best way to remove one of the warts was to cut it off. This proved to be wrong! It did infact get rid of the wart but I now have hundreds of tiny warts all over my knee from this along with scars from having them removed. Don't go here at all find someone else who isn't so quick to cut on you unless you just like having scars.

Helpful office staff

I was lost so I called the office and the lady who answered the phone was able to give me great directions to find the office.

One of the worst Doctors / Dermatologist!!

One of the worst Doctors / Dermatologist I have ever been to! Making an appointment: pulling teeth is easier. Left four messages and did not get a call back. When I did get a hold of them, they were unable to verify my insurance. Decided to pay for my appointment and was given a fee for the procedure. Got to the office at 7:30am for a 8:10am appointment. The incompetent front office staff was unable to have my information entered into their system until past my appointment time. Got called for my 8:10am appointment at 8:30am. Dr. Barrows needs to learn how to interact with his patients. He came in looked at the two spots on my leg and said, you need to come back for the procedure. Asked him how long the procedure takes, he said 15 min. He said he can take care of one and I will have to come back for the other. I asked why and was told, he only does certain procedures on certain days. I explained to him that since I was a doctor myself, my schedule is booked out for several months and since I was already here and it only take 15 minutes why couldnt he take care of both the same day. He was sarcastic and said I DONT HAVE THE TIME I explained when I made the appointment, I was clear about getting both the spots taken care of. He shrugged his shoulder with a I dont give a _ _ _ _ attitude.I realized why he was unable to do both the spots the same time while I check out. I was asked to pay $260.00 while the fee I was told was $150 and would be extended a professional discount. Upon inquiring why, I was told every tissue sample is sent to path regardless.All in all, bad experience, dishonest practice, hostile environment and the worst Dr. ever! Never again..

Friendly staffs!

Dr. Barrows staff was actually friendly even though the office is big and busy

I went in to see Dr. Barrows for a mole i had on my shoulder. He was immediately concerned and removed it and then found another on my back and removed it. Had the results back in 48 hours and had me an appointment with an oncology surgeon the next day and two days later i had surgery to remove my lymph nodes. He was quick, precise and as far as I'm concerned saved my life.

Dr. Barrows is so gentle!!

Dr. Barrows isn't the type of guy to sit & shoot the breeze with you, but this guy is GOOD. He has treated me for several years now, and I have sent all my family members and a few friends. They ALL agree- his injections never even hurt!! He is a very gentle and careful doc.

I have had 4 appointments with Dr. Barrows. The above ratings could have been been made after each of the visits. I have recommended him to one of my friends. My friend was similarly impressed.

HORRIBLE STAFF IN THE MCKINNEY SPA OFFICE!!

DO NOT GO TO THIS OFFICE FOR BOTOX OR ANY OTHER PROCEDURE!! THE FRONT DESK -HIS SISTER INLAW AND THE NURSE ARE VERY UNCARING AND VERY RUDE!!!!! I now have to find another office TO FIX WHAT THEY HAVE SCREWED UP!!! RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something has happen at the new office.

I was called by Dr. Barrows office to advise me the Dr would not be in on Friday and to call and re-schedule my day surgery. When I called, the girl asks me 3 times if I was a new patient. Even though I said no and spelled my last name, I told her I was a returning patient, she would ask again. Then she said she could no find me in her system. I told her I have been a patient for over 6 years. When she said, I dont care, you are not in my system, the hair on the back of my neck stood up.Something has changed at Dr. Barrows office and I doubt he even knows. His staff has become very arrogant and it seems the mental midgets are taking over his office. Someone has forgotten who the Customer is.

I was diagnosed with Melanoma and had to do follow up visits every 3 months. I've since had 2 visits with Dr. Barrows who spent a total of 10 minutes with me, just merely glancing over my skin. Now, with my history, you would think he'd be very thorough in his examination. And, at my last visit, he had an attitude problem. I asked a question and he basically made me feel like it was a dumb question and blew it off. I like a doctor who truly makes me feel as if they are concerned with my well being. With Dr. Barrows, I didn't get that feeling AT ALL!

Dr. Matthew D Barrows is similar to the following 4 Doctors near McKinney, TX.