Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew C Dugan has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Matthew C Dugan has the following 14 expertise
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Dr. Matthew C Dugan has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Matthew C Dugan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office processes to reduce errors and increase quality.
Dr. Dugan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Maine Medical Center
Dr. Matthew C Dugan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
Locations & DirectionsMemorial Hospital, 3073 White Mountain Hwy, North Conway, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew C Dugan in this video.
Dr. Matthew C Dugan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Conway, NH.