Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew C Hansen has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Matthew C Hansen has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Matthew C Hansen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Matthew C Hansen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Husband and I have seen Dr Hansen for several years. He's the best primary care doc we've ever had, very thorough, takes plenty of time assessing needs, doing exams and explaining issues. He always has staff call to follow up when he has concerns, etc. The only negative is that his office is managed in a way that is very frustrating at times (if you need to ask a question about whether another dr's office has sent records, for example) due mostly to a clunky phone system of communicating with staff. If we leave a message for an assistant, it usually takes at least 2 days for a call back. Current office management, however, is a significant improvement over what we suffered in the past.
I've gone to Dr. Hansen over 10 years. First wonderful then as time as gone on the more patients less attention to my health issues became prevalent. His staff especially Heather is very rude and disrespectful. I've heard her talk about other patients while present and she also changed Dr. Hansen's orders on my prescriptions without his authority, right in front of me. We are looking elsewhere. Such a shame he was a great Dr.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Matthew C Hansen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGranger Medical Wasatch, 1160 E 3900 S Ste 1000, Salt Lake City, UT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew C Hansen in this video.
Dr. Matthew C Hansen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.