Dr. Matthew Draelos Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Draelos?

Don’t do it, go anywhere else.

Posted on October 29th, 2017

Staff is rude, apathetic and unprofessional. Calls go unanswered and unreturned. Online request go unanswered. Tried for weeks to get my medical records, as did the other doctors office, to no avail. It’s a shame because I really like Dr. Draelos but good luck getting in to see him. Critical follow up appointments have been canceled with the promise of a reschedule months later, these people are putting my life at risk. I frankly don’t understand it. And it’s not like this was once or twice, it’s multiple failures and many chances to improve but they don’t seem interested in Improvement.

RN., PhD.

Posted on September 21st, 2016

Dr. Draelos is a competent physician and spends quality time talking with patients.

Excellent doctor for Diebetice and very efficient office.

Posted on June 22nd, 2016

The doctors are all very interested in your well being and are very concerned about your health. I have never been seen by someone that Did not try to help you out to their best ability. Contacting them by phone is very hard? However most doctor's offices are this way now. My only pet peeve is getting in to see doctor and getting out. Due to wait time on their schedule.

Posted on January 27th, 2016

Overall, thorough care, friendly staff and trust worthy

Posted on November 21st, 2015

I had a consult with Dr. Draelos and he and his staff were wonderful. He took the time to thoroughly explain to me what my diagnosis was and how to treat it and was very kind and caring. Overall was a great experience and would recommend him to anyone that needs an endocrinologist

Posted on October 26th, 2015

THIS TIME THEY WERE BEHIND AND IT TOOK AWHILE! I WAS TREATED WELL AND WAS SEEN BY DR KATHRYN!

Posted on June 28th, 2015

Dr. Draelos' staff will not answer the phone. I have left several messages detailing that I have been in the ER, but no one has called me back. When a nurse called to give me lab results I told her I needed to make an appointment ASAP. She said she would let the scheduler know and they would call me back within an hour. I never received a phone call.

What happened to Hippocratic Oath?

Posted on June 12th, 2015

My Cardiologist referred me, did I mention this was a doctor to doctor referral. I called back, filled out online paperwork, and called back (waiting over 10 minutes on hold), hung up after recorded message, tried back nothing. Called my cardiologist back and said " are you really wanting me to go there or can you refer me to another doctor" I am disappointed because the area would fit in, and disillusioned in lack of care and concern. After working in health care I cannot believe a doctor and staff would treat people with such bad manners. Hard to believe any Doctor's office that is taking patients but yet too busy to answer and make appt for patient.

RIP OFF!!!!

Posted on April 1st, 2015

Horrible service, wont make there mistakes right. Rip off!!!

Posted on March 6th, 2015

Dr. Draelos himself seems knowledgeable but the PAs are ridiculously lacking in both bedside manner and communication. When they get your prescriptions right, good luck trying to get a refill! Phone calls to their office only result in you leaving messages and them not calling you back.

Posted on February 2nd, 2014

The worst customer service ever experienced!I had to reschedule an appointment since they scheduled 2 apptmnts 1 after another.I was only aware of the initial appntmnt & was unable to wait 40 minutes(possibly longer since you are not seen at the exact time of your appointment) for the supposed next appntmnt so I rescheduled for a week later. Unexpected traffic the day of the rescheduled appointment made me run late,I called the clinic to inform them I was on my way but running few MINUTES late(approx 7 min). The receptionist that was rude & unhelpful I was told I had to reschedule for 2 hours later which wasn't possible since I had work. By that stage of the conversation I was on 2nd street(a strt away frm the clinic) & they still refused to keep my apptmnt despite the fact I had filled in the paperwork the previous week. I then received a $50 cancellation charge in the mail. I suggest looking elsewhere if your looking for real patient care & courtesy!

Doctor's Response

We are disappointed that your experience at Draelos Metabolic Center was not positive. Many of our patients will have time reserved on our schedules for a variety of services (lab, ultrasound, EKG, provider appointment etc). Appointments are scheduled so that diagnostic results are available to your provider during your face to face consultation. We strive to clearly define the timing of these services in writing when possible. Despite our efforts misunderstandings do occur. When your arrival is delayed we make every effort to work you in. The decision to work in a delayed patient depends on many variables and thus the decision may take a few minutes to be determined. It has been identified that the cancellation charge in this case was created in error and has been corrected.

Not necessarily rude, but....

Posted on September 20th, 2013

I wouldn't necessarily say Dr. Draelos is rude but, I would say he seems disinterested. I saw him for my first appointment and then after that was relegated to his nurse practitioner. His nurse practitioner was quick to let me know how knowledgeable she is and had me sign up for a pump instruction class (even though I'd already been on a pump for 4 years. She also told me I needed a new pump. When I arrived for the class, I was pulled out to Pay for the class (a detail the NP left out). The NP and the rest of the staff kept saying that it's all good we'll get your insurance company to pay. They messed up my prescription twice and would not return calls to the pharmacist. Prior to moving here, my previous endo had me coming to his office every 3 months for a full work-up. This Dr. suggested every 6 months, even though my A1c was way over where it was last time (and where it should be). I get the impression that Dr. Draelos is bored with what he does maybe even burnt out but, he does like the money he gets from the insurance companies and all the products he peddles.