Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew E Powers
Dr. Matthew E Powers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rancho Mirage, CA. He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Powers is affiliated with Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center, Mission Hospital Laguna Beach and Sharp Memorial Hospital. Dr. Powers has received 3 awards. He speaks English and Spanish.
Dr. Matthew E Powers has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Matthew E Powers has the following 14 expertise
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Beating Heart)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Varicose Veins
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Diabetes Complications
- Vascular Malformations
- Aortic Diseases
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Heart Valve Prolapse
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Atrial Fibrillation
Dr. Matthew E Powers has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
My cardiologist said I needed heart surgery and sent me to Dr. Mathew Powers. Dr. Powers explained very clearly the complexities of mitral valve repair surgery. He answered all my questions thoughtfully and with respect. I researched everything I could on the internet and was surprised and relieved how up to date he was with his information and techniques. My repair surgery was 100% successful and will add many years to my life. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon. Thank you Dr. Powers!
Dr. Powers saved my life. I'm truly grateful for his skills and compassion as a doctor.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Powers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
11 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2007
University Of Southern California - Lac+Usc Medical Center
Dr. Matthew E Powers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsCardio Thoracic Surgery Associates Of The Desert, 39000 Bob Hope Dr Ste K108, Rancho Mirage, CA
Dr. Matthew E Powers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rancho Mirage, CA.