Dr. Matthew J Gambee Is this you?

2.1

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Matthew J Gambee?

This was the worst experience with a healthcare professional that I have ever had. He was completely disinterested in my symptoms, wouldn't engage in any discussions around these symptoms, and offered no feedback towards a remedy. His diagnosis took less than 2 minutes, he discounted all input I gave him, and his solution was to send me out for xrays and follow up MRI just to potentially rule ourt issues that were not presenting themselves. Do not use Dr. Gambee if your idea of a care involves engagement with a Dr. to actively discover, diagnosis and provide a solution to your issue.

Knowledgeable, professional.

Terrible, gender and body type prejudice, diagnosed, after back surgery, saying I had hip bursitis. Physical therapy was fantastic but since he said just hip bursitis problems they couldn't accurately help from back surgery due to his inaccurate diagnoses. In the following 5 yrs I had 3 other back surgeries. I would never recommend him to anyone.

arrogant and condescending

I went to dr. Gamble at rebound in Vancouver. Despite my excruciating pain, he told me I was a healthy person and then proceeded to accuse me of being a pill popper! I was asking for a procedure not pills. I switched dr.s and received the appropriate procedures promptly. Never again.

Wait a minute...it isn't just me...

He actually seemed to have some knowledge and theories about my pain, and sent me for an immediate xray, which was helpful. That's the positive. But he heard an answer I gave him incorrectly and then snapped at me when I contradicted him. I may have a chip on my shoulder, thinking that as a middle aged woman I will be trivialized by professionals, but by golly, I'm highly intelligent and the way he dismissed some of what I said was insulting. I'm facing some major medical intervention, and my first experience with him has me anxious and angry.

I saw Dr. Gambee about 10 years ago for a nerve conduction test for carpal tunnel. He kept turning the electricity up to what I felt was "torturous levels" , kept shocking me again and again saying, "Wow. I've never seen THAT before." That is why I was admittedly shocked when I saw he was a "pain management" doctor. He seemed to me to be more interested in causing pain than he was alleviating it. NOT recommended!

Do not see him for any pain management because he doesn't care about the pain you are experiencing.

Useless

Less than useless. Rude, unprofessional, does not listen, and does not care. Decided what I needed before hearing symptoms, dismissed my questions, would not discuss my symptoms, gave me no options, and said that the problem did not exist. Told me I don't need a second opinion. Asked inappropriate, irrelevant questions, and called me HONEY in a condescending way over and over.

I had a very disappointing appointment with this so-called Doctor. Not one person I have spoken to in this city has a good thing to say about him. My advice is not to see him for pain management.

Terrible exam

I saw Dr. Gambee and he gave me a terrible exam. I was experiencing some bad and chronic back pain along with pelvis pain. He would not listen to how I was injured and barely manipulated me. He totally misdiagnosed me of having a hip problem and after changing providers a fractured and degenerative back was found. My whole rebound experience was disappointing, all three doctors had terrible bedside manner and they did not put the effort in to find my problem. I had better luck in Portland.

can't believe he's still in practice

This is yet another review page that shows the unprofessional conduct of Dr. Gambee; the impact of a medical professional in his specialty can forever impact a persons trust in the medical feild. Dr. Gambee lack some of the most basic listening, social, communication and medical skills that you find in most first year residents. He continually makes medication mistakes. Anyone interested in a joint effort that encourages Dr. Gambee to face and be accountable for the detriment he has caused others should look on craigslist; he needs a notch or two taken out of his overinflated ego; as most of us know, any attempt to engage in participatory medical with him or discuss his 'communication style'; instead of even hearing a person, he turns it around on them; Rebound is taking major lawsuit risks keeping this professional under wing....their facility&staff are great-gambee himself ruins the facility

No wonder it was easy to get an appointment.

Went to Dr. Gambee for pain in clavical and shoulder area. Had me go for an MRI that didn't even cover the clavical area which had an obvious protrusion. Sent me for a KAT scan which showed deterioration of clavical bone and didn't have an answer so I had a biopsy done. No clear result and waste of time. Did research on my own and self diagnosed a very common disease called costochondritis that fit me to a T, If Dr. Gambee has been in practice for 30 years you would think he would have come across this at least once since it is very common. That's not even the worst of it. He know I had high blood pressure and put me on Naproxen to reduce the swelling on my collar bone. My normal b.p. is about 160/70. After being on Naproxen for about a month I went in for the biopsy where they took my blood pressure. 244/90. The Naproxen pills are basically sodium, the worst thing for someone with high blood pressure. When he called me with the biopsy results he didn't acknowledge or apologize for his mistake. Glad and surprised I didn't have a stroke or heart attack. Now he wants to send me to a shoulder specialist. I think I'll pass.