Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew R Gerlach has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Matthew R Gerlach has the following 4 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Matthew R Gerlach has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 31
I was suffering from a severely herniated disc discovered after an MRI. Dr. Gerlach answered all of my questions and thoroughly explained what was happening in my body and then recommended a simple surgery to fix the problem. I am happy to say that almost immediately after the surgery, there was no more pain! My only complaint has to do with wait times in the lobby and waiting room when meeting his assistant for pre-op and post-op appointments. But those complaints are minor compared to the relief I feel. Dr. Gerlach was professional, courteous, and friendly. I strongly recommend him.
Dr. Gerlach performed a microdiscectomy on my lumbar spine. Surgery went well and the pain is gone. I really appreciated how he fit me in to his schedule quickly, for both an appointment and the surgery. I was able to get an appointment with a few days. I had called another practice and was told I would have to wait 4 weeks. His staff was very helpful and promptly returned phone calls and answered my questions.
I went to Dr. Gerlach after months of severe lower back pain. After an MRI Dr. Gerlach quickly and accurately diagnosed my problem. He explained the spinal fusion procedure and answered my questions so i could easily understand the procedure and post operative care. He very successfully performed my spinal fusion in two phases. Dr. Gerlach and his staff have been very supportive. My life after surgery improved greatly and continues to do so. I am very happy with the surgery outcome and would like to thank Dr Gerlach and his staff for giving my former life back.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
17 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Matthew R Gerlach accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFront Range Orthopedics & Spine, 1610 Dry Creek Dr Ste 200, Longmont, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew R Gerlach in this video.
Dr. Matthew R Gerlach is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Longmont, CO.