The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Mathew H Chung has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Mathew H Chung has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Mathew H Chung has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
I was sent to Dr Chung for some follow up about a mass. Prior to seeing him he orders a CT Scan. Day of Visit Dr. Chung took time to explain why I was there for my first issue only to tell me that was no long a concern because of the CT scan they found a gastrointestinal stromal tumor. He explained what it was and the next required steps. He took the time to answer our questions and made sure we understood. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we had questions or appointments. Prior to my surgery we seen Dr Chung at an event and said hello and asked him if we could ask a quick question and he said yes and we ended up talking for a long period of time (more then he had to.) During my hospital recovery Dr. Chung and or his staff stopped by everyday to check in on me and see how I was doing. After discharge, I was scheduled follow up appointments, the staff made sure I was comfortable and scheduled me with little to no wait time.
he seems very honest and to the point.my husband and i are trusting him with our lives.my husband thinks he is a great doc.dr,john serni highly recommended him to us.and trust him to peform this whipple prodcedure.my husband is very scared of the out come and survival.i have faith and beleive that god and strenth an having a great positive attitude and the best doctar performing this as dr.chung we are in great hands and out come will be great.
26 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Mathew H Chung accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMatthew Hwayup Chung Md, 145 Michigan St NE Ste 5500, Grand Rapids, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mathew H Chung, MD - Surgical Oncology in Grand Rapids, MI, in this video.
Dr. Mathew H Chung is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.