Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew J Edwards
Dr. Matthew J Edwards, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spartanburg, SC, with another office in North Charleston, SC. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Edwards is affiliated with Summerville Medical Center. Dr. Edwards has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Matthew J Edwards has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Heart Failure
- Weight Loss
- Heart Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Edwards is the most awesome, caring doctor I have ever gone to see. The first time I saw him, I had broken down and started crying because I had been sick and no money to go to a doctor. I work and had insurance, but no money for co-pays (which were a lot higher at that time) he told not to worry about it, then ask if he could pray with me. That touched my heart more than words can say. Dr. Edwards and his staff are just absolutely wonderful. I would recommend him, and have, to everyone!
I have never waited in Dr. Edwards' office for more than 5 minutes. They are very professional. He listens well to the patient and makes good decisions. He spends enough time to listen to the patient and give a diagnosis. He keeps your visit short. I appreciate this as I would't want to be the one in the waiting room waiting for my doctor to finish a long, personal conversation with his patient. He cares and is very professional in his manner.
Dr. Edwards is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Matthew J Edwards accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew J Edwards in this video.
Dr. Matthew J Edwards is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spartanburg, SC.