Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew F Kamil MD
Dr. Matthew F Kamil has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Matthew F Kamil has the following 18 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Complications
- Gland Issues
Dr. Matthew F Kamil is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew F Kamil - Posted on May 9th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew F Kamil - Posted on November 2nd, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew F Kamil - Posted on August 16th, 2012
I was seen by Dr Kamil, referral for hypothroidism. I was treated very poorly and made to feel it was all in my head. I was asked if I was in Chernyobal at the age of 1...really? I was then told that "if I wanted to make a big deal about this I could do an ultrasound." What should I have said to that? Yes please make a big deal. I was mocked for being on weight watchers, and told that he is used to seeing pts 250lbs. Do not go to him if your concerned with hypothroidism and undiagnosed previously.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew F Kamil - Posted on May 16th, 2011
I thought that he took his time and review my records and knew just what to do. Dr. Kamil listen to me and was very helpful. He explains things so I could understand them. I would recommend him to my friends and family. The nurse Pattie was so nice and down to earth . I could relate to her. Good experience.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Matthew F Kamil - Posted on April 1st, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
- University Of New York Brooklyn Ny
Dr. Matthew F Kamil Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDIABETES AND ENDOCRINE CENTER, 245 Rochester Hill Rd, Rochester, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew F Kamil, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Rochester, NH, in this video.
Dr. Matthew F Kamil is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rochester, NH.