Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew T Kneidel has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Showing 5 of 21
After seeing 4 foot and ankle surgeons who disagreed with each other, Dr. Kneidel left me feeling comfortable about what was going on in my foot. His staff was fantastic (yes even the pink cast his nurse put on me after the surgery--this was a running joke between us;), and while not the most chatty doc I've seen, I always felt like he knew exactly what was going on in my foot and now that I'm playing sports again I'm even more impressed with his work. I'd recommend Dr. Kneidel to anyone.
A respected doctor told us if it were his foot he would go to Dr. Kneidel. Prior to that conversation another doctor had put a metal implant in my wife's foot, did a second surgery to re-align the implant, and a third surgery to remove the implant. And somehow my wife's foot got infected. This is the mess that we brought to Dr. Kneidel hoping that he could somehow fix it. It took two more surgeries. It took every eight hours, around the clock, an antibiotic through a PICC line was slowly dripped into my wife's arm. That totals one hundred and sixty eight times that was done in eight weeks. He answered our questions. He explained our options. His staff was excellent. But most of all, I am covinced, that my wife still has her foot and can walk today because of Dr. Kneidels expertice. If I could change any of it, it would be that we had gone to him first instead of the doctor that we went to.
Thank you for your review!
21 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Matthew T Kneidel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Matthew T Kneidel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.