Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew P Landler has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 11
My daughter, who is college-aged, spent 4 days in the hospital for a serious illness. She had never been hospitalized before. After having an excellent hospitalist in Dr. Young for the weekend (who called in specialists to help diagnose her illness), Dr. Landler showed up Monday morning loudly refuting the previous doctor in front of us before he even spoke to my daughter or examined her, questioning aloud whether her hospitalization was even necessary in the first place! He was arrogant, presumptuous, judgemental and rude. We were lucky the specialists were concerned enough to stay on her case and not listen to Dr. Landler. She is being followed as an outpatient, and is on her way back to good health.
My father was admitted to Northwestern Hospital in Chicago with a rapidly declining condition. Unfortunately, Dr. Landler was his attending physician. When it became clear my father (a distinguished medical professor himeself) was in his final stages of life, Dr. Landler marched in with a 'palliative care team,' to discuss my father's impending death. During this emotionally difficult discussion, Dr. Landler had the audacity to have an unrelated side conversation with a colleague and LAUGH at some written remark he glanced over at. I'm experience the hardship of facing my father's terminal condition, and Dr. Landler had a smirk on his face the whole time, and exhibited a clear lack of empathy, concern, and overall professionalism. Never in my lifetime have I experienced such pretentious and ignorant behavior from a medical professional. Dr. Landler's bedside manner is deplorable, and a quality Hospital like Northwestern should rethink having him on staff. If you or a loved one is admitted to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, avoid Dr. Landler to spare yourself the frustration of his smug approach to patient care.
18 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Matthew P Landler accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwestern Memorial Hospital, 251 E Huron St, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew P Landler in this video.
Dr. Matthew P Landler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.