2.4

Highly Dissatisfied

Hip Labrum tear repair

I told Dr Lilley that I would have no one to help me after surgery and that I would like to be placed into an inpatient rehabilitation facility for the 4 weeks he told me that I needed to recover from surgery and he told me that I didn't need to have rehab and he told me that he was sending me home the same day of my surgery. He sent me home with no blood thinners nor anything for pain. I'm not doing well at all. I also am an amputee below the knee.

Very Disappointed With My Visit

First, there was no smile or welcoming manner when Dr. Lilley entered the room, just the perfunctory handshake. I went for an achilles tendon swelling. He took no x-rays, said he wouldn't do surgery on the ankle, would not give a steroid injection, and mentioned two alternative treatments NOT covered by insurance.....all with no explanation of WHY he wouldn't do these things. I was given the same prescription for TWO different providers to get an orthotic for my shoes. He left it up to me to decide which provider I wanted? He was in with me less than 10 minutes. As I write this, 5 days later, my achilles is warm to the touch and still swollen. I should note that I'm 68 years old and, other than this problem, I'm in great physical condition. Dr. Lilley should work on his bedside manner, especially with older patients, and be explicit in WHY he does or does not recommend different types of treatment. When we're in pain we tend to be anxious for help, and I went with Dr. Lilley out of desperation. I do take responsibility for not researching him.

He was one of the doctors on the team for my back surgery at St. Mary's. I met him once, then saw him once or twice more after my surgery. His name was on my prescriptions on leaving the Jewish Home, where I was sent for rehab. He never returned the phone calls from the pharmacy or from my husband, and left us without any help or recourse. Now, three days later, we still have not heard from him. I would not have considered him my primary doctor for this surgery, but since he signed the prescriptions, he should have acted as such.

Dr. Matthew R Lilley is similar to the following 4 Doctors near White Salmon, WA.