Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew M Dougherty has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Matthew M Dougherty has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 7
After years of being in pain he listened and sent me to a neuro surgeon and the surgeon found a cyst in my spine. A lot of doctors and hospitals do not pay attention anymore and assume you are a drug seeker when in fact some of us just want relief and to find out what is going on. He took the time and listened. I would of ended up in a wheelchair or worse as my spinal condition was rare and other surgeons did not see it in the MRI's and said it was a small disc herniation. Dr. Dougherty although thought it may be something else sent me to a surgeon that further evaluated me properly and is working on getting the problems fixed.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
13 Years Experience
Pikeville College School Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMatthew M Dougherty Do, 509 N Cedar Bluff Rd, Knoxville, TN
Dr. Matthew M Dougherty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.