Dr. Matthew Mancini Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Matthew Mancini?

Poor communication

Posted on May 8th, 2017

There is a break down of communication between Patient and MD. There is also a break down in relaying information, procedures, risks, and future POC c patient.

Director of School Nutrition, Hamilton County Schools

Posted on August 11th, 2015

Dr. Matthew Mancini is such an excellent surgeon that, for the past 8 years, I travel from Chattanooga for visits to him as needed. I won't let anyone handle my surgical needs except for him. He has been my surgeon since 1999.

post-op concerns ignored

Posted on January 11th, 2015

Did not pay attention to my concerns after surgery. Went home with extra health issues which he ignored and my primary care physician caught.

Very Grateful

Posted on May 13th, 2013

I'm sorry to the person that waited over an hour and then left. We also waited an hour after filling out the paper work. What we didn't know is Dr. Mancini and his staff were contacting and receiving faxes for medical records from my husbands previous doctors and surgeons. Dr.Mancini wanted to find out when he last had blood work done? He ask for the blood work to save us money. What doctor does that? A doctor that isn't in it for the money. We are older and can't remember the dates and year that my husband had two heart attacks. We can't remember when he was diagnosed with hardening of both kidney's or the Hernia surgery he had before but, Dr. Mancini did. When he walked into the exam room he had read all the medical records and knew the doctors and surgeons names. Dr. Mancini came into the preoperative room twice between his other surgeries. We saw him again after surgery. Once you meet him you'll see he does take his time with you. He doesn't care if you're rich or farmers like us. I am sorry for anyone that had to wait because of old people like us. Most doctors won't risk loosing a new patients nor would they care since us older people die everyday but he does.

My experience.

Posted on March 16th, 2013

I met Dr.Mancini while in ICU at UT. He performed my surgery that was needed asap. He not only spoke to me, but my family as well so everyone was up to date on what was going on and what had to happen. He checked on me every day for the remaining few days I was there. I made a follow up appt for the week after I was discharged and his office staff was pleasant and efficient. I definitely recommend him as a surgeon.

Posted on May 3rd, 2012

My sister had an appointment for follow up Ct scan results. Appointment time was 2:15PM. We were placed in an inner office room approximately 1/2 hour after checking in. Then we waited another hour and fifteen minutes before we saw anyone. A student came in and explained the results and that the doctor would be in soon. At this point after hearing that the results would not result in further intervention we left. I stopped by the front desk and asked to speak to the office manager and again waited. After another 20 minutes when the office manager did not appear the nurse came and said the doctor was looking for us. My sister had left the office and I told them that the doctor had plenty of time to have seen her and that the office was poorly managed and wasted people's valuable time. I have worked in the medical profession for 40 years and have little tolerance for the disrespect shown us. Could someone not have come in and explained to us why he was so late in seeing us. I assured them that we would never come back to this office.

Posted on July 6th, 2017