More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Matthew P Melander
Dr. Matthew P Melander, DO is a Doctor primarily located in O Fallon, MO, with another office in Saint Louis, MO. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Melander is affiliated with SSM St Joseph Health Center and Ssm Health St Marys Hospital Jefferson City. Dr. Melander has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Matthew P Melander has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
Showing 5 of 25
I came to Dr. Melander for a second opinion. He diagnosised the issue which actually is genetic in my family where my previous orthopedist kept telling me there was nothing wrong. I had two surgeries with Dr. Melander and he is just awesome. Very attentive and informative. I am about3 months past my second surgery and doing great. I would highly recommend him. His office staff is sometimes not as responsive as I would like but I tend to be a bit high maintenance.
My husband and I have both had joint replacements done by Dr. Melander. He is the BEST surgeon we have ever met, He answers all our questions, always takes time with us and has even called us at home to check on us. He really knows orthopedics! We can always get in to see him when we need to. I would recommend him to everyone! We LOVE him!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Melander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Matthew P Melander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Matthew P Melander in this video.
Dr. Matthew P Melander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near O Fallon, MO.