Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew L Montgomery has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My family physician was concerned about my having a rather large lipomia, or benign tumor, removed from my right shoulder. He felt the depression and scar that would result would be worse than the lipoma. Therefore I went a few years without having it removed. Finally, when I did not want to put up with it any longer, I saw Dr. Montgomery. He took a biopsy, and then removed the growth without any problems at all. The scar is very minimal and there is no real noticeable depression where the rowth was removed. Dr. montgomery did an excellent job. I'm glad that I had the surgery done and very pleased with Dr. Montgomery's excellent services as a surgeon.
I was referred to Dr. Montgomery for an age related standard colonoscopy screening which is covered 100% by my insurance company as a wellness check. During my pre-procedural consult with Dr. Montgomery I admitted to having occasional constipation and that I thought my Grandmother may have had colon cancer. I was set up for a diagnostic colonoscopy screening (which cost me a $500 deductible) due to change in bowel movement and family history. I didnt find this out until just before the procedure. When I questioned the doctor he said he was sorry he couldnt change the chart now.
26 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1992
Mercy Catheterization Medical Center
Dr. Matthew L Montgomery accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCornerstone Surgical, 100 Penn St Ste 100, Hanover, PA
Dr. Matthew L Montgomery is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hanover, PA.