Dr. Matthew P Willis Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. Matthew P Willis?

SHOULDER PAIN

Back in 2013 I was have severe pain in my left shoulder and forearm. I was referred to Dr. Willis and was extremely impressed with his mannerism and care for his patients. He never wanted you to hurt or be in pain in anyway. He tried everything possible and he kept me out of pain until it came down to where he had to replace my entire shoulder. Dr. Willis took all the time that I needed to explain the surgery, spoke with my husband and was as compassionate as could be. Then in 2015 I went back to Dr. Willis with the same problem only this time it was my right arm. He explained to me what was going on and I received cortisone injection and that lasted me 3 years. I had zero pain after the injection until the middle of January 2018. I made an appointment and got in right away. This experience was not as pleasant as the other two. Of course his nurse Debby was as pleasant and kind as she she could be. I then spoke with one of his assistants who explained about the popping sound and did a couple exercises with me. When Dr. Willis finally came in it seemed like he was in a rush, showed me my x rays gave me my shot and left. There was very little interaction or conversation about my condition. The injection hurt that night (Thursday) but by Saturday I was back to normal with no pain. I woke up Monday mourning with the same pain I went in with on Thursday. I took some Ibuprofen and pain was not as bad but Tuesday it was worse. I called the office and was told to put ice and heat on it to see if that would help. I did as I was told. It did not hekp so I called on Wednesday hoping that they would called in a prescription of Ibuprofen but was told to take Tylenol and use the ice and heat. Debby was not there , so the sub nurse probably did not know my back round. Two Ibuprofen's did not help. So I called back Wednesday and once again was told to take Tylenol and use the heat and ice. To me it looks as if the concern for the patient and their pain is not as it was before. I don't want anyone to hurt like I am right now. I would still recommend Dr. Willis and if I need to have surgery I will go back to him. It just seems to me the compassion and time taken with patients has changed. He is an awesome doctor, know what he is doing, and I know after seeing my x ray's I will probably have to have my left shoulder replaced and Dr. Willis I hope will do it for me. I think the world of Dr. Willis and want his reputation to continue to sore.

Highly Recommended

I went to see Dr. Willis after a car accident and previous shoulder surgery left me in a lot of pain. I have a background as an Anesthesia Tech in the Operating Room for over 25 years and have worked alongside many doctors in my life. He is in my opinion a Top Notch Orthopaedic Surgeon. He is very knowledgeable and explains things in a caring way that's easy to understand. After one visit and some tests he already has a care plan in place for my recovery. I trust him and I would recommend him to anyone.

Great experience

I searched online for a shoulder specialist whom I thought would be the best doctor to perform rotater cuff surgeries on each shoulder. I wanted to get both done in one calendar year for insurance purposes. Dr Willis and his PA Austin Bragdon were my first choice based upon my searching. They were great! Very nice and relaxed, not pushy at all. In fact PT was recommended prior to surgery as a first effort to heal me, (needed the surgeries). Each shoulder surgery went great, first the right side, then 6 months later the left. Everything seems to have been great!

Fixed me

Took a few visits but I am better than ever!!!

Right Shoulder replacement in August of 2015'

Would and have referred Dr. Willis to many friends and colleagues who are having issues with their shoulders. The overall process from start to finish, (discussion with Dr. Willis, to deciding what was best, to having shoulder replacement, and then follow up after surgery) was excellent to say the least. I have no regrets and am pain free.

The whole Shebang

Once in a while a person gets an exceptional physician, Dr Willis is one of them.

Fantastic doctor!

Matthew Willis is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. He answered ANY concerns that I had, made sure that I fully understood the procedure and what to expect from it. I believe that Matthew Willis is such a good doctor because he is so specialized. I would definitely recommend him to every person who possibly has a shoulder injury. Fantastic doctor!

Great work

I had a few tears fixed in my shoulder that feel 100% now. I'll be back to this doctor if I ever need anything again.

Great doctor!!

I saw Dr. Willis for a second opinion and I'm glad I did. I thought there wasn't anything I could do but after I got my shoulder redone I feel better than I ever have. Thank you Dr. Willis!!

Dr. Matthew P Willis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.