Dr. Matthew K Paul Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Matthew K Paul?

Fantastic

We were able to get an appointment quickly. Everyone at the office was very friendly and Dr. Paul was great. He was friendly, informative and fun. We never waited more than a few minutes to get back to see the doctor.

Very caring

I recently saw Dr Paul for a workers comp injury to my knee. After a month of no help or proper medical treatment at the Redding Occupational Clinic, I was able to see Dr Paul. He took the time to explain my knee injury to me (torn MPFL) and the surgery process and recovery. He was very kind and helped ease my fears. I appreciate Dr Paul's kind and competent manner.

he is a very good doctor wont do surgery unless you really need it. other orthopedes will throw you into surgery just to get the bucks!

Wish I hadn't wasted my $$ and time

The waiting room is dated and dirty. Front staff and medical assistants are courteous. Dr. Paul openly mocked me and my report of my injury in the hallway. To his medical assistant. He treated me as though I was not being honest. I am not sure why as I was not looking for any medication. I only wanted a diagnosis and a treatment. Really I just needed a referral to PT so that I could work with someone willing to help. The bottom line is that he really didn't give a ... I left the appointment embarrassed and sad that I was going to have to encounter him in our small Redding community.

Beware

Beware. I tore my acl and a week later saw Paul. To get to the point besides the pure frustration of his arrogance making me feel bad for having the injury in the first place (also stated by Shasta Regional ER nurses that he is arrogant) him giving me no specific plan for pre surgery physical therapy (unlike cutting edge Surgeons), he didn't take the time to even look at my injury. I feel so disapointed with the lack of compassion I wish I never went to Paul. He seems like hes only in this for the money and rushed our app. I sensed danger after my app and i felt rushed. Please beware there are many surgeons in town and Paul might be great at surgery (I didnt want to find out) but everything else had me spooked from the start. I had questions and his nurses seemed irritated on the phone after a week and a half of waiting for a call. Dr Dotson calls you himself and really cares about his patients I can tell you first hand. He for sure needs to reevaluate his methods as I came to find out are not at all through. People's quality of life are at stake.

Too Busy to Care

Dr. Paul was very assured of his diagnose. He did return a call in a timely manner. I got another opinion from Mercy Emergency room staff. Dr. Paul's staff I'm not sure of. They are either very overworked or not trained properly. The girl that was to send in a prescription for a wheel chair never did. Never called me to say why. When I call in, they either drop the call or give me to a unknown mailbox. I then have to call back. Makes me leery.

Best doctor and staff ever!

The staff is absolutely the sweetest people that you will ever encounter. Especially when they know that you're in pain and they understand your circumstances.

Impatient

Ok heres the thing. I wouldnt consider him "one of the best" or anyone in Redding or Sacramento. If you want to consult a really good surgeon, see Dr. Terrence Orr in South Lake Tahoe. Dr. Paul was rather impatient with me and didn't offer any solutions to my pain, examples: calcium, collagen, omega 3 supplements, massage, aqua or physical therapies, PRP or stem cell therapy, just to name a few. He just said your fine, suck it up. I wound up making him scope my knee anyways which I dont think he liked vary much. During the surgery I feel he took liberty of my body partially handicapping me at only 30 years of age. I figured he was trust worthy. It was big mistake. I still live an active life, but have serious chronic pain in my knee. He is covered by insurance so he will do what he wants to your body should you choose to have him operate on you. This is your warning. He's not a bad guy, but hes not a excellent surgeon.

A true professional! I have recommended to several members of my family...and friends.

NVM

My knee fell apart.

Update to last review

Dr. Paul read my review about the office staff and, after taking action on it, had the office manager reach out to me. Together they addressed all of my concerns and made sure I fully understood the next steps in my treatment and that there would not be a repeat of my initial experience at the office. I was very impressed with that.

Horrid female staff

Dr. Paul was OK but his staff is horrible. From the front office staff thinking that a conversation about "playing with myself" is appropriate in front of patients to telling a disabled patient that they are "ridiculous," these women seriously need some sensitivity training. They were all women of a certain age and not teenagers which made their behavior even worse.

Dr. Matthew K Paul is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Redding, CA.