Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Matthew V Potenza has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Matthew V Potenza has the following 12 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
Dr. Matthew V Potenza has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
I was extremely nervous previous to my visit with Dr. Potenza. He immediately put me at ease...very calming influence. He even arranged for me to have a biopsy done that same evening...as he knew how nervous I was. The procedure went very smoothly with no pain. My only problem with this office is the long wait (4 weeks) to get this initial appointment with him!
I have been seeing Doctor Potenza for about nine months regarding a thyroid condition. Everything he predicted would happen has happened. For example, he predicted I would turn hypothyroid when I was in the midst of being hyperthyroid. He has a caring personality, and I appreciate that he calls me immediately when he receives my blood results. I am very impressed with his level of knowledge, and I highly recommend him.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
14 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Matthew V Potenza accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
Locations & DirectionsDiabetes Endocrinolgy Consultants, 2 Crosfield Ave Ste 204, West Nyack, NY
Dr. Matthew V Potenza is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Nyack, NY.