Dr. Matthew S Benz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Matthew S Benz?

Worst Bedside Manner Ever

The staff is wonderful. but Dr. Benz has no bedside manner at all. I had an emergency retinal surgery on Christmas Eve. The retina was detaching from the macula. After an ER visit I was told to get to this group, ASAP. I went in, the doctors at the office examined me and said I needed immediate surgery. They called Dr. Benz who was doing surgery. I was told I needed to pay him immediately $3,500. I did not have insurance and asked if I could make a partial payment. I was told no, he needed full payment. If I couldn't pay, then I could go to Ben Taub Hospital but since it was not life threatening, they probably would not see me right away and I would lose the sight in my eye. I was able to have a family member put his fee on a credit card. At the hospital as I was awaiting to go in, twice the surgical nurse asked me to sign the forms that Dr. Benz had gone over. I told him I had not talked to Dr. Benz. I was finally asked to just sign them. I would never, ever go to him or recommend him. He is a great technical surgeon, but he is not the only great surgeon in the Houston Medical Center. This is the best medical center in the world.

Good

Baylor College of Medicine Graduate with lots of knowledge and skill, could use a breath mint from time to time, but trust the answers I got from the doctor.