4.7

First Rate Treatment

Dr. Schultzel treated our mom (who is elderly and has dementia and is not an easy person to deal with) with great warmth and patience and professionalism), making her feel comfortable in the process. He took good care of her medical issues and we were very pleased and grateful for his kindness and expertise.

Very high quality care。We have refered Doctor Mattew M. Schultzel to our friends and family members

Excellent Doctor Recommend Highly

This Dr. and his staff will take great care of you in dealing with areas many times we neglect due to embarrassment or not being sure what is wrong. Go see him he will take good care of you and make you feel comfortable.

Excellent Care

Dr. Schultzel is a great surgeon. He takes his time and listens to you; he answers all your questions directly, in a way you can understand and helps you make decisions. He's professional, likable, and caring. When I was in the hospital he always showed up and kept me up to date with all that was happening and told what was being planned next, and why. He's a great communicator, something I cannot always say about other doctors. And, as a bonus, he has a great medical assistant. I highly recommend him.

Exceptional care!

Dr. Schultzel was recommended to me for removal of a colon tumor. The procedure was complicated due to the size and placement but he was able to successfully remove the tumor laparoscopically and I was out of the hospital in 3 days! Dr. Schultzel and his staff takes the time to explain in detail the procedures, recovery and follow up expectations for your piece of mind and a speedy recovery. Expertise combined with compassion is what you get with his medical team. Thank you Dr. Schultzel (and Emily!)

Highly recommend!

I've had multiple abdominal surgeries, and my experience with Dr Schultzel was by far the best. He is warm, attentive, caring, and most importantly, a gifted surgeon. I had to have two robotic surgeries within 6 weeks of each other, and the recovery, while painful, was seamless. His staff, especially Emily, is attentive and caring as well, and pleasure to work with. Highly recommend!!

Life = Changed

Matthew Schultzel was a life changer. I was living in pain everyday for 8 months and Dr. Schultzel did his work and now I am pain-free. It's as if the pain was never there to begin with. I am forever grateful and highly recommend this man. He is very personable and not once was I intimidated by him. He is a great, talented doctor. Thank you again, Dr. Schultzel. I appreciate everything you did for me.

Super satisfied

On May 1, 2018, I had laparoscopic robotic surgery performed by Dr Schultzel to simultaneously repair 3 hernias. The outcome was fantastic. Very little post-op pain and limitation that abated in 2 or 3 days. No real limitations about activities after that. I found him to be caring, very professional and with an excellent staff. I would recommend him without hesitation or reservation to anyone considering hernia surgery. Bruce Coin, Carlsbad

Very Impressed

Highly recommend Dr. Schultzel. From surgery thru recovery everything went exactly to plan.

Dr. Matthew M Schultzel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.